Friday, May 30, 2008

Tyler's Bald. ....!!!

K. For the past few weeks I've been part of a comittee for my best friend Zac's self-made organization, Imagine the Cure. He plans to work with it long term, and it'll be a non-profit organization that will do big fundraisers for cancer research. Anyways, this was it's first project, and Zac hopes to use it as a springboard to get iTc registered with the Canadian Revenue Agency. woot!

The campaign went very well: we raised $10, 600..... IN ONE WEEK. So amazing.

And as a result... Tyler Jason Heemskerk is hairless! On his head.

Pictures to follow. Eventually. When we get around to taking pictures.

Tyler's aside: My head is really cold. I can't NOT wear my hat. Kind of sucks, but yeah. My head is hacked up from dear Zachary's shaver... What can be said, i have red marks on my scalp. Ah, I'll get over it.

It's me again. Yes. Catherine Yvonne Hordyk. But yeah, Ty is a hero. That's all there is to say.

$10, 600 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

p.s. If you're on it, look up Imagine the Cure on facebook.

3 comments:

maria. said...

Wow. It's amazing when our school actually steps up to the plate and performs well. Sorry for the sports analogy: I'm observing baseball through the library window at the moment.

nadine j. said...

Yay Imagine the Cure!
Yay Zac!
Yay Tyler!

Carol-Lee Joy said...

I don't have facebook, but I was on with Justine last night and saw pictures of the hair, loosing the hair, half bald, almost all bald, and completely bald, AND the hat. Pretty cool! Go Zac! Go Tyler!