Monday, January 28, 2008

Goodbye For Now



Len Hordyk
February 3, 1934 - January 27, 2008



Gramps and Grams <3
So cute they were :)



His favourite hobby: fishing.

I am one of few... or perhaps the only granddaughter who inherited this love. :)



I'm so thankful that I got to see him yesterday morning before he passed.
I got to give him one last kiss and say goodbye, and then I went home.

At 3:30 my sisters came to my house and told us that God took him home while all his kids were standing around his bed and someone read Psalm 139 out loud. Then they prayed that God would take him quickly, and just like that, He did.


I'm glad that he's with our Father now, even though I'll miss him.



6 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your Grampa, Catherine. We will remember your family in prayer, and may God strengthen you in this time.
God bless.
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

My condolences, Catherine.

God bless.

cat.herine said...

Thank you very much, guys.

p.s. which vanessa is this?

Carol-Lee Joy said...

Catherine!! You have a blog!? Saweet. Love it.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. ...can we get together and talk next week? I miss you!

Vanessa said...

it's vanessa zwaagstra..

cat.herine said...

Carol-lee, let's get together asap. I probably can't for a couple weeks, I'm so busy again :(
But I'll email you soon when I know some free nights k?? <3!


And sweet! Vanessa Zwaagy. I did not know you had a blog. :]